- 2 cups of Windmill rice flour
- ½ ts salt
- ¾ cup of boiling water if using a microwave, 1 cup of boiling water if using a steamer
- 1 tsp Double pagoda sesame oil
Making rice cake with a steamer:
- Combine the rice flour, salt, and boiling water in a bowl.
- Line a steamer rack with parchment paper. Add the rice cake dough and steam for about 25 minutes over hight heat.
- Spread ½ ts sesame oil on your cutting board. Put the hot rice cake in the oily spot on the cutting board. Pound it with a pestle for about 5 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.