- 2 cups of North south black sticky rice, previously soaked overnight
- 1 Tetra Pack of Chaokoh coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of Trs White Sesame Seeds (toasted)
Special equipment: Steaming pot & a heat-proof bowl
- Wash the rice grains under cool water for about a minute. Next, soak the rice in a bowl of water overnight so that it can expand as it absorbs the liquid.
- Once you are ready to cook the rice, drain it and place the it in a heat-proof bowl ensuring to allow enough room for the grains to expand when being steamed. Cover the rice with enough boiling water to just cover it.
- Fill the steaming pot with about 3 inches of water. Place the bowl on the steamer but make sure the bowl is not sitting in any water. Steam the rice over a medium heat for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut milk over a medium heat. Add the sugar and salt and stir well until the sugar is dissolved. Keep the sauce warm.
- When the rice is ready, remove it from the steamer and then add about 1/2 a cup of the coconut milk mixture to it. Coat the rice well with the sauce and then let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Once you are ready to serve, drizzle the rice with a little more sauce and sprinkle on the toasted sesame seeds.